Intended as a next step after Level 1 introduction to reading, this Level 2 storybook from the Start to Read! series features controlled vocabulary, simple sentence patterns, and rhyming words. In Nicole Digs a Hole, a little girl with a mission to dig a very big hole, encounters an equally determined mole, eager to fill it in. The story introduces 50-70 new words, and many of them can be read by changing the initial sound or by rhyming with a known word. Picture clues provide considerable support for the text. All the elements add up to reading success! You may need to help your child sound out some words, then after several readings together, encourage him or her to read alone. This is just one selection in Dr. James Hoffman’s Start to Read! Early Reading Program, with storybooks across three progressive reading levels.
Fun Features & Big Benefits
- Part of a multi-level series
- Introduces 50-70 new words
- Relies on core words and repetition
- Presents familiar themes and experiences
- Illustrated to provide important picture clues
- Memorable story line and main characters