Intended for first-time readers, this Level 1 storybook from the Start to Read! series, helps make reading easy. It has beginning vocabulary, many basic sight words, and a short sentence or two on each page. I Want a Pet is a story about picking out a pet and how a little girl holds firm to what she wants and doesn’t want in a pet. You’ll find that the repetition, short sentences and entertaining illustrations will add up to reading success! Most of the vocabulary words are typically introduced in first grade. You may need to help your child sound out some words, then after several readings together, encourage him or her to read alone. This is just one selection from Dr. James Hoffman’s Start to Read! Early Reading Program, with storybooks across three progressive reading levels.
Fun Features & Big Benefits
- Part of a multi-level series
- Introduces 9-50 new words
- Relies on core words and repetition
- Presents familiar themes and experiences
- Illustrated to provide important picture clues
- Memorable story line and main characters